links for 2005-11-08
links for 2005-11-05
links for 2005-11-04
Stuff I want to do, but am probably too lazy to get around to, so I'll just talk about it instead, and hope that makes me feel better:
- Get majcher.com into some decent kind of shape - now that I went ahead and built a rendering tool, more or less, get off my ass and use it.
- Turn the pages and pages of treatment documents and specifications for games that I have put together over the last five years into something that works again on monkeyplay.com.
- Develop my mediocre photography skills a bit more, and put some more effort into taking pictures of naked ladies.
- Start taking aikido or martial tai chi again
- Figure out what exactly it is that I know about all this computer stuff, and start writing and giving presentations about it. Would love get a book published and/or talk at conferences.
- Write a screenplay and/or make an independant digital movie.
- Get together with The Guys and play board/card/pen and paper games in real life, not on the webernets.
- Make some kind of music. I can't even see this clearly enough to say what kind, or in what capacity.
- Start drawing, maybe try some online comic type of thing.
- Get all my shit together. Organizing all my old junk, and getting rid of everything that I don't need.
- Start making a bigger dent in my big list of "cool projects that I could actually do" on my whiteboard.
- Code more. Code better.
- Develop my consulting gigs into something a bit more respectable. Not just a job here and a job there for a few months when I need the money, but an ongoing pool of clients that I've done work for, and that want me to do work for them. Doing a good job, keeping the people who pay me happy, getting to know more people, and more cool things.
- Read more books, watch more movies, play more video games.
- Consume less, produce more.
Well, that seems like a pretty good start. I'll get right on that.
But first, some tater tots.(July 28, 2002 06:17 PM)