February 21, 2005 09:06 PM
February 19, 2005 10:03 AM

Ohhh yeah.

Nikrit With Skeletal Horse

Nikrit With Skeletal Horse

February 16, 2005 09:07 PM

Finally, today is the first day in about a week that I'm feeling vaguely human again. The snot-block is almost, but not entirely gone, which I attribute in part to the super spicy Pad Kra Pow at Madam Mam's. (Known in more civilized establishments as "21 with chicken", only with mushrooms instead of green peppers. Close enough.) So, yeah, that cold pretty much laid waste to the last five or six days, here. I missed the marathon on Sunday - just sitting around trying to breathe through what felt like a chest full of needles was sucky enough, without trying to run or walk 26 miles through it. Also, Bernie pretty much forbade me from even trying to walk part of it, although did manage to sneak out for the afternoon to accompany her for a half mile or so around mile 19, and wait for her at the finish line with a gift certificate for an hour-long massage at a decent place downtown. I also missed an Esperanto class, with the whole not being able to talk thing, but I think I got mostly caught up last night. I'm going to miss the Thursday class again this week, but for a good reason (AGD advisory board meeting), so I'm going to have to start going to the club meetings on Sundays up by the Alamo up north if I want to get any better at this.

Being whooped-out all the time hasn't done any wonders for my productivity, either. I've still been spending several hours a day pounding away at the last bits of the BREW project, but it's sucking. I could go on for pages and pages about how busted it is, and I probably will for the post-mortem, but ... gah. Arbitrary keypress timeouts, broken case-insensitivity issues, craptacular documentation, spotty feature support across platforms... it just keeps getting better and better. And after a few hours of that infuriating mess in my weakened condition, I'm pretty much just ready to cool down a bit by sitting and staring and clicking for a little while. But, little by little, we're wearing each other down. It's just a matter of who can hold it together longer - me, or the bugs.

Also, my inbox is a shambles, and I have a bigger stack of business and personal emails waiting for my attention than I've had in a long time. Guess I'd better stop bitching and get to it.

February 12, 2005 11:12 AM

I finally managed to force myself onto a regular sleep schedule, got to bed around nine or ten last night, and woke up around eight or nine this morning. Unfortunately, while I was asleep, I think someone snuck into my bedroom and poured qwik-set concrete into my sinuses while his accomplices took turns sandpapering my throat and pounding nails into my forehead. God dammit. I've had a bit of a scratchy throat and sniffles for the last couple days, but it seems like my little nasal visitors have come into full bloom this morning. I'd stay up tonight with the shotgun to catch those fuckers if they decide to come again, but we've got to get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning to get to the marathon start on time and whatnot. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it. Even if I'm not still totally sick, I've been way off the training schedule, and I'd probably be walking about twenty of those miles. We'll see what happens. Bernie has been a badass the whole time, though, and she's probably going to be able to run the whole way. I'm not sure yet if I don't make it tomorrow if I want to try for the next one - this whole running twenty or thirty miles a week thing is like hard and stuff. On the up side, I've dropped fifteen or twenty pounds in the process, so, woo. Now, more drugs and tea.

February 08, 2005 01:21 AM

Holy crap. Google really is going to rule the world some day, aren't they? Bye-bye, yahoo maps.