This is a series of projects I've cobbled together in the off-hours, here and there, now and then. Some are better than others, but almost all of them have some significance to me, if only historical. They mostly live in their own little worlds, so the styling is likely to be wildly different than the rest of majcher.com - some of them are, in fact, eyesores. Take a look, anyway.
- W3X issue tracker Semi-unbusted bug/issue tracking system I threw together in a week or so for to keep my various random projects slightly under control. You can log in as guest/guest (I think), and fiddle with it, if you're so inclined. The code is fairly recent, though (Nov 2003), and worth looking at if you're interested in what I'm putting into my Perl web applications these days.
- idle hands This was originally intended to be a rather ambitious media library/sharing application. The inevitable sloth set in, though, so at the moment it's just a somewhat decrepit - but up to date - database of most of my media.
- New York Times registration generator There are many imitations and improvements, but I'm pretty sure that I managed to crank out the first one here. Excuse the mess - I'm pretty bad at keeping barely functional hacks like this looking presentable.
- snips Speaking of barely functional hacks, this is a little code repository database that I put together to demonstrate something or other about knowledge sharing at one of my old jobs. It never caught on, and I never made the improvements that could launch it into stratospheric success, but there still might be something worthwhile in there.
- #noisier comics Phil found a java-based comic bot. We're on an IRC channel where people occasionally say stuff that could be construed as humorous every now and then. This can only mean trouble.
- pirates vs. ninjas This is me cashing in - metaphorically, of course - on the collision of several random memes, and a night of misguided Perl programming. I'm still waiting for someone to finish the art, so it won't be just my sucky placeholder text there.
- genefilter A web crawler, a bit of parsing, some Markoff chaining, and a huge-ass database - that'll get you a good random-ish facsimile of posts from most any metafilter user.
- misfortune I put this together a long, long, long time ago, in response to a stupid joke on a mailing list. Be careful with your words - someday, this may happen to you.
- cafepress stuff I've made a couple of t-shirts and stuff. Maybe someday, I'll get around to making more. I think I've made about twelve bucks off of these over the last four years or so, so hey, pretty good, huh?
- game night blog Sometimes, we get together and play games. Like, not video games, but real-life games, with boards and counters and cards and dice and little plastic pyramids and stuff. Then, I get even dorkier, and keep a log of it.
- bullshit bingo If you google for "buzzword bingo", you'll find a lot of things like these. There are many like it, but this one is mine. I think I got my list from a John Carroll column.
- protocol droid It's a little busted now, but you get the idea. Eh, it was funny at one time, anyway. Update: It's totally busted. Move along, citizen.